Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Craig!

Today is Craig's 45th birthday! On my birthday in December, he kidnapped me from work at lunchtime, blind-folded me and drove me around to get me lost (it didn't work, I knew right where we were), and then brought me home. Awaiting us was a candlelight lunch (from Visconti's) in front of the fire. Then he ran a hot bath for me and treated me to a wonderful massage! What a sweetie! He had arranged for me to stay home for the afternoon and relax. It was wonderful!

So, needless to say, I wanted to do something nice for Craig's birthday. I found a hotel in Leavenworth with a king bed, jacquzzi, and fireplace for only $99! What a deal! (Leavenworth Village Inn for those interested.) So, I surprised him and told him we were leaving for a little excursion in the morning. We went cross-country skiing, which we both enjoy (however, I can't walk today) and then went to dinner and then the hotel for a nice hot bath and romantic evening! It was just what we needed.

If you haven't had a chance to get away from home for an evening with your spouse, I HIGHLY recommend it! It always strengthens our marriage to take some time away for just the two of us. Here's a few pics of the room and Craig skiing.




Thanks mom, for coming over to stay with the girls! Thanks Debbie and Tammi, for covering at work for me!!

3 comments:

Tammi Shepherd said...

Your very welcome, so glad you had a good time. Happy Birthday Craig!

MamaBird said...

Looks Fabulous! I'm glad you had a good time!
Happy Birthday Craig!

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

Happy Birthday Craig!