I can't believe my little girl has graduated from high school! Seems like only yesterday when she was small enough to hold in my arms! It's unbelievable how fast the time has flown by. I find myself more and more wanting to look at baby pictures of them. I miss the times when we would sit on the couch and read a book together or swing in the backyard. I don't remember any crying or poopy diapers or anything bad....only the good!

Papa, Kailey & Grammie

So proud of these sisters!

Making sure we see her in the crowd of more than 450 students.


Rogan, Eric, and Kailey

Kailey, Laura, Lindsey, Janessa, Rogan, and Michael

Kailey, Carly, Laura, Lindsey, and Janessa

On graduation day, a bunch of the seniors decided they were going to skateboard or scooter to school. They were supposed to meet at Western Market at 7:30. However, Kailey's gang had a sleepover at one of the girls' homes, and they were late getting there, so they missed it! Here's a picture of some of the grads on their way to school. They stopped up traffic pretty good that morning!

After graduation, most of the graduates attended a senior party held at the high school. They had card games, LOTS of food, dancing, inflatable toys, volleyball, and tons of raffles! Kailey won movie passes.


It was a cruise theme and I spent quite a few hours helping get it all decorated. Craig and I chaperoned and had a great time.


The best part of the senior party was the hypnotist at the end of the night! It was hysterical to watch the kids. Here, he's got them all so relaxed that quite a few of them dropped onto the floor. I laughed so hard throughout it I cried most of the time! We got home as the sun was coming up at about 4:30 a.m.

Seminary Graduation was awesome! It was great to see all these fabulous youth standing for truth and righteousness! What an incredible bunch of kids! We have thoroughly enjoyed having them in our home the past few years!
Lyndsey, Laura, Carly, Kailey, Janessa, and Whitney (she isn't a senior, but she does everything with this gang and is a great friend to Kailey).

The Wenatchee Seminary Gang!

The next day a bunch of the LDS kids had a big combined BBQ on the lawn at the church. It was great to do it all together!

Kailey will be off to BYU-Idaho in September. She is very excited and thinks it will be quite an adventure! Craig and I are trying to be excited, but we will miss her terribly. She's been an angel throughout her teen years, so it's going to be hard to be separated. I know this experience will help all of us grow.

No comments:
Post a Comment